Nothing bothers us more than hearing about homeowners being scammed by other HVAC and plumbing companies. While we are aware of the misleading and fraudulent practices that are occurring, it’s important that we make the general public aware of these scams.
These are the common scam tactics to be aware of:
• HVAC and plumbing technician impersonators
• Bait and switch
• Requests for large amounts of money upfront
• Non-certified and untrained employees
• Verbal only offers
• High pressure sales
• Offers that seem too good to be true
• A technician or plumber threatening that your functioning equipment will die shortly with no basis in reality
• Charging for parts that aren’t actually replaced
• Pushing oversized AC units
• Being told equipment within its normal 10 year life needs to be replaced when it’s an easy and inexpensive fix
You won’t run into these problems with most HVAC and plumbing companies, but it’s always wise to be prepared.
Now that you’re aware of the common scam tactics, here are some tips on how to avoid falling for the scam:
• Check reputable sites for online reviews, ratings, and history
• Do your own research before agreeing to have any work done. Do a quick Google search for “signs of a bad furnace etc.” and see what comes up
• If you have concerns that you may be falling victim to a scammer get a second opinion from a different company
• Look into a regular maintenance agreement with a reputable HVAC and plumbing company to not only extend the life but also to ensure proper operation and safety
• Have the technician give you the old parts that they replaced
• Ask for the numbers and formulas that were used to calculate the load size of your AC unit if being replaced
We have a zero tolerance policy for dishonesty. Our Trust Certification for ALL EMPLOYEES as well as our 24 month 100% satisfaction guarantee gives you peace of mind knowing our standards as well as the length we will go to ensure your satisfaction with our products and services. We have been in business since 1977 providing the very best in air conditioning repair, heating repair, plumbing, air quality equipment and services as well as a full range of electrical service. We are committed to delivering “whatever it takes” to deliver immediate comfort to North Carolinians.
We encourage our customers to check our references and affiliations.