Maintained systems will perform more efficiently, saving you money in lower utility costs, while experiencing fewer breakdowns. Regular maintenance is the best way to ensure that your home’s systems…heating, cooling, and plumbing, continue to perform efficiently and safely, year after year.
The excuse we hear most often from customers on why they don’t do regular heating and cooling system maintenance (and why you should!):
The biggest reason homeowners tell us they avoid routine maintenance is the expected high cost of doing so. Due to this fear, many homeowners wait until their home air conditioner won’t cool or their furnace won’t heat before they call their HVAC service company. At this point not only do they have to typically pay more for repair or replacement than they would have for regular maintenance but may also find themselves waiting around on the hottest (or coldest) day of the year when their service company is backed up with so many other calls. Having your HVAC system put on a yearly schedule saves time and money. Regular maintenance will pay for itself in lower repair costs and more efficient operation.
More reasons why it’s so important to maintain your heating and cooling system:
- Routine maintenance will protect you from major system repairs and maintain your manufacturer’s warranty, so if you do have a problem you’ll still be covered. Most manufacturers require routine maintenance in order to validate the warranty. Without regular maintenance you may be invalidating your warranty!
- If the HVAC unit is not running properly it may be working too hard, resulting in inconsistent air temperatures and reduced comfort.
- Your heating and cooling system becomes less efficient and reliable as it accumulates dust and dirt throughout the year – which costs you money in increased utility and repair bills. In fact, as much as half of your energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. It stands to reason that making smart decisions regarding your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a large effect on your utility bills.
- When it’s properly maintained, you can add several years (3-5 years in some cases) to the life of your heating and air conditioning system, adding years of efficient use.
- Part of your yearly inspection involves lubricating all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause resistance in motors and increase the amount of electricity you use. This resistance can also cause equipment to wear out more quickly, requiring more frequent repairs or replacements.
- Another part of system maintenance is inspecting the blower components, cleaning and adjusting them. Doing so helps to insure proper airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
Just like the heating and cooling system in your home, your plumbing system is complex and even the slightest malfunction in this system has the ability to dramatically hinder your lifestyle. Regular maintenance on your plumbing systems can prevent the unexpected from happening by checking your water heater, garbage disposal, drains and faucets, sump pump and laundry connections, etc.
In fact, without maintenance, all of the mechanical systems in your home, heating, and cooling, and plumbing system, will be prone to unnecessary and untimely breakdowns. Annual maintenance ensures:
- Manufacturer’s warranties are kept valid – most manufacturers require documentation of regular maintenance performed in order for your warranty to remain valid
- Safe performance for all of your home’s systems
- Equipment is running efficiently, keeping your energy costs down
- No untimely breakdown – problems are fixed before they become major expenses
- Added years of efficient use
For more information about our maintenance programs, contact us. We offer plans that include heating, cooling, and plumbing to keep all of your home comfort systems working properly year-round.
There is nothing better for your heating, cooling and plumbing systems than maintenance. It allows your system to work at peak efficiency year in and year out – and saves you money in lower utility costs.
CAIRfree™ Comprehensive Maintenance Agreement
There is nothing better for your heating and cooling system than to keep it serviced yearly. This allows your system to work at peak efficiency – and saves you money in lower utility costs.