The beautiful, warm days of summer are just around the corner… is your A/C ready to handle it?
With the heat soon coming our way, here are the top signs that it’s time to replace your air conditioner:
1. Your air conditioner is old enough to vote. If your A/C unit is over 10 years old, it’s time to think about getting a new one. Sure, it may have served you well over the years, but just like an old car, eventually, it’s going to break down and cost you more in repairs than it’s worth. Plus, there are so many new, energy-efficient models on the market that will save you money in the long run.
2. Your air conditioner is louder than a rock concert. Does your A/C unit sound like a Boeing 747 that’s taking off? That’s not normal. Sure, some noise is to be expected, but if it’s interrupting your conversations and making it impossible to watch TV, it’s time to replace it.
3. Your air conditioner is blowing hot air. If your system is supposed to be cooling your home, but it’s blowing warm air instead, that’s a surefire sign that it’s time to replace it. You don’t want to be stuck in a hot, stuffy home during the summer months, do you? Take action NOW before the temperatures really heat up!
4. Your air conditioner has more dents and rust than the 90s Nissan in your garage. If your A/C unit looks like it’s been through a war, it’s time to retire it. It’s not about looks – a new system will perform better and last longer.
5. Your energy bills are higher than Mount Everest. Have you noticed a sudden spike in your energy/utility bills? That could be a sign that you’re A/C is no longer running efficiently. Upgrading to a new A/C could actually save you money in the long run as they are engineered to use less energy to cool your home.
Don’t wait until the heat of summer is upon you and you’re left sweating it out. Call Weather Master today, and we’ll help you find the perfect air conditioner for your home! (919) 853-7910