What's the best way to get my air conditioning running in the spring?
- Remove the air filter on the furnace and clean it out.
- If you have a humidistat, turn it from 35% to 0%.
- 24 hours before starting your air conditioning, turn the disconnect back on.
- Wash the condenser unit (that's the unit outside your house). Set your hose nozzle for a fine spray of water and spray from the top down.
- Turn on your air conditioning and enjoy the cool comfort inside.
If you haven’t already, be sure to schedule a tune-up for your air conditioning before the heat of the season is in full swing. Annual maintenance improves efficiency and increases safety, comfort and reliability.
What are some things I can do to take care of my faucets and sinks?
Even small drips can waste thousands of gallons of water, as much as 150 gallons a day. Be sure to check under sinks for moisture or small leaks. And always repair leaky faucets right away to avoid paying for wasted water, and also to avoid water damage to your fixtures and pipes and surrounding areas. Remove and clean your faucet aerators annually to ensure an even flow of water. Make sure overflow holes on tubs and vanities are clear and open to prevent water damage to floors and ceilings.