Skip to content

Make a New Year’s Resolution to Breathe Cleaner Air this Year

During the winter months most of us find ourselves spending more time indoors.  Cooler temps prompt us to tightly seal any cracks in our homes, preventing cold drafts from entering.  This, in turn, seals off your home from any fresh air and raises concentrations of both allergens and pollutants in our homes.

According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), most people spend as much as 90% of their time indoors.  The EPA reports that indoor pollution levels can be anywhere from two to five, to as much 100 times higher than the air outside.  Breathing contaminated air puts the health of you and your family at risk.

Take control of your indoor air quality by reducing pollutants that can contribute to headaches, lung irritation and fatigue as well as more long-term conditions such as asthma, allergies and infectious diseases. 

If you have a central heating and/or cooling system, the air is circulated throughout your home by this system.  Most heating and cooling systems only use a basic air filter.  These filters were originally designed to protect the equipment and not the people served by the equipment.  The average air filter is only capable of removing 7% of the particles that pass through it and leaves the remaining 93% to contaminate the air inside your home.  Today, several indoor air filtration products, with various efficiencies, are available to homeowners.

Air filtration products available include HEPA filters, air cleaners and air purification systems.  HEPA filters are designed to remove particulate such as dust, pollen, molds and spores, but do not reduce odors or kill germs and viruses.  The Honeywell Air Cleaners and Lennox Air Purification systems are highly recommended products that work along with your central heating and cooling system to improve your indoor air quality.

Honeywell Air Cleaners are up to 99% efficient on small particles up to 10 microns and are recommended by doctors and allergists.  Air cleaners can improve your health and comfort by keeping your entire home cleaner, protect your furnishings and save you time and the aggravation of continuous dusting and cleaning.

The Lennox PureAir™ Purification System safely removes and destroys chemical vapor and odors along with dust, dirt, pollen, allergens, airborne mold spores, bacteria and viruses.  It also captures small particles and microorganisms down to .1 microns (that’s 1/25,000 of an inch in diameter!).  Using a patented light purification technology and two types of filtration, the PureAir™ system cleans the air better than any other single system you can buy.

You can help your family breathe easier this winter and reduce exposure to contaminated air by adding an indoor air purifier to your central heating and cooling system.  Investigate which one makes the most sense for your home and family and celebrate the New Year with cleaner, healthier air!


Scroll To Top